Sunday, May 17, 2009

Steam weekend Deal: Call of Duty World at War

I don't have any first-person shooters on my PC. I generally play those on the Playstation 3. For the first time in a month I checked the Steam weekend deal (too bad, as I would have gobbled up Orange Box and Left4Dead which were available in the past weeks.) and it happend to be Call of Duty: World at War for 50% off ($25).

I picked it up and so far am very pleased. It runs at a great frame rate at full resolution on my PC. Aiming with the mouse is very accurate and is a good reminder why FPS's are usually better on the PC. The cut-scenes are very well done, intros to the missions accompanied by authentic WWII images and video.

I've only played the game for a few hours but so far it seems very polished. AI is quite scripted but doesn't disappoint. Besides controlling just your usual USA or Russian foot soldier, there are missions where you control a tank, several guns of airships, and who knows what else.

I don't know anyone else who has this game but would enjoy playing this co-op. Send me a note if you want to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment