Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Weekend

Did everyone watch the Superbowl? Well, this is the WoW community, so probably not. If you didn't see it, you missed a very entertaining game. I watched it but at the same time powerleveled HiredGun to 6 bars short of 80. Considering he was only 75 at the start of the weekend, that's not bad at all! There was some serious quest grinding going on. Hiredgun has done every single quest for Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Howling Fjord, and Sholizar Basin... in that order. He's currently burning thru Storm Peaks right now and has his ScrapBot plans learned. Mining has reached 450 as well (hello Titanium nodes!). He is leveling as a survival spec to get some practice so that it would become second nature for the upcoming raids.

Some things I've noticed about leveling as Survival:

1. Pet can't hold aggro. At all. The pet is just doing a way smaller portion of the damage, and if you lead off with a SS/ES, you'll have that mob bearing down on you most of the time. Trying to do any Volley with the Gorilladin was very frustrating. Even throwing a Kill Command to the pet, waiting for 2 Thunderstomps (zzzzzzz....) My volleys would still draw aggro at times. I also miss longevity which would keep those thunderstomps happening more often.

2. Pet can't tank. No buffed HP or Armor. No improved Mend Pet. No Improved Revive Pet (missed this one more than I thought I would). Even a tenacity pet like the Gorilla can't stand up to the elites I used to solo with no problem like the large green bird in southern Dragonblight. I blink and .. dead gorilla.

3. Even in normal dungeons, some people got annoyed at me dropping traps. Maybe they don't understand survival. /shrug

4. There are a lot of really bad tanks out there. Ok, this one has nothing to do with leveling as survival.. but how hard is it to tank the mobs at the f'in portals instead of the center of the room in VH? My god... Normal instance PUGs are not alot of fun.

I've got some gear for HiredGun's level 80 party tonight. Hornlove will craft him up some bracers and legs too. Now if I can only get another 3 points in Engineering so he can make his own gun. Can we get something other than these damned knives to level it please? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment