Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is that a love rocket in your pocket?

...or are you just happy to see me?

If you haven't noticed (how could you not) the "Love is in the Air" world event is apon us. The main cities all have scenes that look like this:



...And my backpacks are starting to look like this:



I have to admit I haven't done any of these world events before. In years past they came when I was taking a break from WoW or just too busy to notice. Now that the achievements are all tied in with them, I have more interest. Want to learn about the current event? Lets see...

There's the WoW Insider guide to Fool for Love.
Jaximus posted a Guide on the Official Forums.
WowWiki's Guide to Love is in the Air.

There are many other guides but I'm sure you can get the idea by checking out those. I received 2 romantic picnic baskets on one bank-alt (that's his backpack pictured above). I've also scored 1 perma-peddlefeet and 1 Lovely Black Dress. I now actually have a reason to log on to my toons before heading into work each day. I could wake up 15 minutes earlier...zzzzzz hmm? Oh sorry I dozed off there for a second.

Dragon Wars EXTREME!
Chaotic ran a mostly-guild 25-man Malyos last night. We wiped 6 or 7 times but finally brought the beast down. I have to say this is one case where the 25-man version is probably harder than the 10-man version. Maybe it's because a lot of people still haven't done this fight before. Perhaps once everyone knows the encounter better, it will become as easy as the other 25-man fights. During each run back to my corpse I kept wondering if I was having as much fun as Larisa had on her Malygos "wipe night"... I can't say that I was. But I still had a good time overall and hope to be able to do this every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment